Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Final editing

Today I did the final editing for my film. With all that has been going on for the past few weeks I wasn't able to film as much as I wanted to but I think that I did well with what I was able to use. As I have said in previous blogs I had to use my phone's camera to re shoot but luckily the quality of the video didn't drastically decrease. After each re shoot I would also re edit my video and I wouldn't sue all of the footage that I re shot because I would notice that some of the older videos were better. I repeated this process for this editing session as well. After this I used my storyboard to place each clip that I filmed in its proper order. Then I checked my storyboard again to make sure everything was in order. Then I watched the entire movie so that I could look for areas where the film can be trimmed so that the video isn't too long. I mainly trimmed out footage where the person holding the camera's finger might have gotten in the way or where the video quality was really bad. After I trimmed the video I had exactly two minutes of film. After this I moved on to adding transitions. The ones that I used the most were fade in and fade out. These were for the scenes were it switched from one room to another. The other transition I used was burn out, I used this near the end to give the impression that the entire opening was merely a memory or a dream. Once I was satisfied with my transitions I listened to the song I had chosen in my previous editing sessions to make sure that it was appropriate for the film. After listening to it I added it to the video and trimmed it so that it only lasted two minutes. Then I added titles to my film. I decided to use a yellow font and have the text in the center, then I checked my class notes and made sure that my titles were in the proper order. Finally I rendered my video and saved it to my computer and SD card. I'm very excited to submit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment